Dana Mandeville, Unbound, mixed media, 2020.
With the help of family and friends, Mandeville collected hundreds of sticks and fastened them together with remnants of fabric to create hanging panels to form a spiral path. The work transforms the experiential understanding of the self to a collaborative effort of hope and communal spirit.
What to know before you visit:
Since reopening, procedures have been put in place to ensure that the S’eliyemetaxwtexw Art Gallery is safe and ready to welcome visitors.
- Wear a mask, face shield or face covering (mandatory, effective September 1, 2020).
- At this time, we are only allowing a maximum of three people in the gallery at a time.
- Please keep two (2) metres (6 feet) apart.
- Do NOT touch any of the artworks.
- Do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
- Gallery Hrs: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Mon – Fri.
- Admission is free.
For questions, contact Melanie.Jones @ ufv.ca or Grace.Tsurumaru @ ufv.ca